Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Losing It


I just finished reading Losing It by Valerie Bertinelli. It was an interesting read. I usually find it interesting to hear about the more glamorous lives of others. I am a little conflicted about how she presented some things, especially her obsession with her weight. I understand that she is four inches shorter than me and that weight standards are different in Hollywood than in the real world, but I just had a hard time identifying with her when she felt fat at 123 pounds. Even when she was up in the 140's and 150's, I could not empathize with her. In the end, she does say that she understands that some people are not fat at 150 or 160, but it felt fat to her and she had trouble getting jobs at a heavier weight. It didn't make me feel better about my weight which sits there between 150 and 160, mostly I just felt like a fatty, fatty after hearing her story. I did some extra sits up and exercising tonight!

It was interesting to hear her story of her relationship with Eddie Van Halen. I could really identify with her feeling like it had been a mistake to get married in the first place, but trying everything to make it work. In the end, though, the only person she could help or take care of was herself.

I liked the parts where she talked about being a mom. I think that she is a great mom. She seemed to always think of the best interests of her son over everything else.

I would recommend this book to others. I liked it. It isn't one that I loved, but it was not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment