Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Loveys are Home!


Asleep in their beds now, they are looking so serene. I am finally breathing freely; the first time since Saturday morning. I knew this last visit before their dad returned to South Africa was going to be a long one. I had offered a little extra time since it was their last visit together this trip. He added an extra day, so instead of the 4 to 5 days they had been doing, this one was 6 days long. It doesn't seem that adding only one extra day would be so bad, but it was torture! I think most of the torture was because of the unsupervised pool incident that occured on Friday, and I found out about on Saturday morning. I have just been holding my breath until they returned to my care.

When I talked to my little man this morning, he said he was just ready to come home. I told him that I would be picking them up later today. He asked what day was it, and I said, "Wednesday." "Wednesday," he exclaimed, "What happened to Tuesday?" I had been picking them up on Tuesday, so that was what he was used to. I told him that there had been one extra day added. "Oh," he said. I asked if he could make it to 5:00, or did he need me to arrange for an earlier pick up? He said that he thought he could make it to 5:00 but that he missed me and loved me. I assured him I missed him and loved him too!

After I had waited at our regular half way meeting spot for about 15 minutes, their dad called to say they had been rear-ended and my little girl was having some neck pain. I ended up meeting them at the ER. She is fine other than some cervical strain. It was just a minor hiccup in bringing them home, but bring them home I finally did!

Now we should be able to return to our regularly scheduled programming....  And I am breathing a huge sigh of relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment